Trust Your Eye: Learn to look through the perspective of posture, gait and balance, for weaknesses and inflexibilities and even shapes and contours that contribute to asymmetry in the normal movement pattern. Asymmetry leads to structural vulnerability, dysfunction and pain. This is visible and changeable by simple gait corrections and corroborative exercises. Who Should Attend: This seminar is ideal for physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, athletic trainers, Pilates teachers and any health professionals with strong anatomy background. Why You Would Take This Class: Reduce Treatment Frequency. This is a patient education system, as well as a way to evaluate, source and treat the cause of the problem, so that it doesn’t resurface. Patients/clients learn how with a mere hint of the problem, they can address it immediately themselves, using their specific gait corrections and exercises. Their symptoms become a built in biofeedback system.
Its Global. Corrective gait applies to almost all structural pain. Since clinicians also walk, they learn best through their own walking how individual gait dictates strengths and weaknesses. For patients with multiple aggravated body parts, this is a technique that connects and addresses all of them at once: In order to balance a sore and participatory link of any gait moment, you must assess the relationships between it and all of the other joints of the body for their contributions to the same gait moment. This makes this system the perfect prevention strategy; one that can often eliminate less constructive alternatives like bracing, surgery or extreme drugs.
- Gait Mechanics review; Mechanically Effective Gait
- Individual Gait Development or Etiology
- Understand relationships between Gait Deviations and Structural Pain
- Describe the strategic gait compensations, or deviations that reflect pathology and predispose pain patterns
- Evaluate Static Posture as a predictor of Dynamic Posture in Gait
- Understand the Role of Symptoms in the Evaluative Process
- Translate Your Evaluation to Specific Gait Corrections
- Analyze each Weight-bearing Joint as it contributes to Dynamic Posture in Gait
- Educate Patients/Clients on their Individual Findings
- Utilize Corrective Walking as a Treatment Modality
- Treat the Source instead of treating the Symptoms
- Corroborate Assessment Findings with Appropriate Exercises, designed to simulate Specific Gait Moments
- Learn to Utilize Kinesio Tape to reinforce the Gait Corrections for Faster Assimilation.
- Educate patients to ‘Read’ their own bodies for Vulnerabilities and to stay current with their Gait Corrections
- Educate patients to ‘Read’ and modify Exercise Programs and to incorporate the New Awareness into their Activities of Daily Living
Click here to Download (PDF) Course Description and CEU/PDU/Contact Hour info.